The FN 509 is built on the proven architecture of the FNS Compact, FN made changes internally and externally to meet the rigorous performance standards of the MHS requirements and further developed the platform into the FN 509 with the help from industry experts. Over the course of development, the platform has been tested extensively for reliability, ammunition compatibility and durability – totaling more than one million rounds.
FN 509 Review Video
Compare FN pistols, see specs and models: FN 509, FNS, and FNX.
- Striker-fired autoloader
- Double-action operation
- Offered as a non-manual safety model
- Fixed 3-dot luminescent sights (standard)
- Easily racked, combat-style sights
- External extractor; loaded chamber indicator
- Improved front and rear cocking serrations
- Cold hammer-forged stainless steel
- Recessed target crown
- Polished chamber and feed ramp
- Enhanced grip textures which enables faster follow-up shots in all conditions
- Interchangeable backstraps
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail
- Fully ambidextrous slide stop lever and magazine release
- High visibility, low-friction follower; polymer base with black finish
- Two interchangeable backstraps
- Two 17-round magazines
- Owner’s manual
- Locking device
- FN logo soft pistol case
- Caliber: 9mm
- Operation: Double-action
- Capacity: 17 Rd.
- Weight: 26.9 oz.
- Barrel Length: 4.0″
- Overall Length: 7.4″
- Twist Rate: 1:10″ RH
- Length: 7.4″
- Height: 5.56″
- Width: 1.35″
- Trigger Pull: 5.5 – 7.5 lb.
- Sight Radius: 5.79″